Kimberly Crossing Rear Gate Access Through the Oak Brook Addition
The City of Edmond requires this gate be kept closed. The only people or groups approved to have access and use this gate are the Fire Department, other emergency services such as EMSA and the Police Department. In the event of a fire, flood or tornado, this gate could be accessed.
Kimberly Crossing Front Gate Access Information
**Previously, the gate was normally closed every evening (except for winter weather and/or maintenance reasons).**
The gate can be opened in one of three ways:
- With a gate remote
– Residents can contact the HOA using the form below for information on obtaining a programmed radio gate remote.
- Using a code (enter # followed by your personal assigned 4 digit gate code)
– New residents should contact the HOA using the form below and get a custom gate code after they close and move in. They should use the code provided by the builder or seller until the gate code is established. Please note that we provide randomly assigned gate codes.
- Using the Directory
- Your guests are at the gate controller.
- They will need to scroll through the residents names, listed by last name (using the A and Z buttons), until they reach your name.
- Once your name is selected, they will need to press the call button.
- The system will then call the number that you have provided to the HOA.
- Your phone will display the caller ID of the gate controller phone.
- If you answer the call, you are able to converse with your guests at the gate.
- To open the gate for them, use your phone’s keypad and press the number 9.
- The gate will open for them.
Extended Gate Closure Happened April 1
What: Beginning April 1, 2020, Kimberly Crossing’s main gate will remain closed at all times except:
6:00 AM – 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM on weekdays.
12 PM – 4 PM Sunday (for realtor showings).
Why: (a) At the 2019 HOA annual meeting, residents voted to implement gate closure; (b) Many residents purchased homes in the neighborhood with the understanding that there will be added security from the gates remaining closed and (c) In the past, the gates had to remain open during normal business so long as the developer had any new homes for sale (as provided in our CCRs). There are no longer any new homes being marketed in Kimberly Crossing.
What about the two open intervals each day: Edmond Public Schools require that neighborhoods are accessible by school buses during pick up and drop off each day without having to use a gate code or remote. The open intervals are to accommodate this requirement.
How should I prepare:
- Read External Party Gate Access (below).
- Make sure you have everything necessary to open the gates:
- Gate remote(s)
- An access code for the keypad outside the gate (this is what you will provide to your service or delivery providers)
- Being listed on the gate directory so that a visitor can call you from the gate
External Party Gate Access:
Beginning April 1, 2020, the gates will be closed at all times except for two, 2.5 hour windows for the school buses and a 4 hour window on Sunday for realtor showings.
- School buses: The gates will be open from 6:00 am – 8:30 am and 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm on weekdays. The bus drives are not allowed to exit the vehicle to enter gate codes and due to the number of different buses and bus changes the transportation department does not accept gate openers.
- Realtor showings: The gates will be open Sundays 12 PM to 4 PM.
- First responders: The fire department and some Edmond police officers have a special key to open the gate. EMSA (ambulance) has also been provided with a gate code.
- Utilities: Edmond electric, water, trash, and Edmond recycling (contracted through Republic Services) have assigned gate codes. ONG (Oklahoma Natural Gas) also has an assigned gate code.
- Service vendors: Verizon, Cox, AT&T (DISH), electricians, plumbers, roofers, lawn care, and food delivery need to be provided with your personal gate code in advance. Residents are responsible for coordinating with their service provider.
- Postal service: USPS drivers provided with a gate code.
- Delivery services: Our UPS & FedEx drivers provided with a gate code. UPS and FedEx Corporate do not send their drivers gate access codes.
- Other delivery services: Retail online shopping deliveries from JC Penney, Old Navy, Sally Beauty, Walmart, Target, and more do not identify their delivery carrier or have “Add delivery instructions” fields. You are likely covered with gate codes we issued to the major delivery service carrier drivers for USPS, UPS and FedEx. For other delivery services, use the Apt, OR Address fields in your ship to address and add: ,Gate Code #0000 (Note replace 0000 with your gate code).
- Amazon will need to be provided with the resident’s gate code in delivery instructions. This often occurs during the checkout process when making a purchase and it is very important for you to do so. See the screenshot below. Delivery service drivers are not issued cell phones nor are they required to use their personal devices to call to get in.
(AMAZON delivery instructions—enter code in top right box)